Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Kindergarten at Wakulla Springs

Last week, Hopers' class went on a field trip to the ever popular Wakulla Springs.  I came along as a chaperone. Hopers had her first public school field trip, I had my first public school parent chaperone experience.

And can I just say, Kindergarteners are so stinkin' cute?


My girl was so excited, she could hardly stand the twenty minutes of class time before getting on the bus.



Hopers' favorite classmate, A.  They posed like this every time I pointed my camera at them.  On the bus...



At lunch...




On the boat tour...


We saw lots of animals on the tour down the river.  Manatees, birds, turtles, fish, aligators.







The kids ran from one side of the boat to the other each time an animal was spotted.  Imagine twenty 5 and 6 year-olds running back and forth across a boat shouting, "Look!! Manatee!!" every few minutes.  The five old people in the front of the boat, who weren't part of the field trip, grimaced and held on for dear life.


It was cool.







No comments: