Thursday, May 10, 2007

Oh, Precious Sleep

Question: Why do kids dislike sleep, when they can get as much as they want, and adults, desiring sleep, never get any (usually on account of the kids!)?


The other day, Noodle, Hopers and I were driving along in the car like we do every day, when, suddenly, Noodle began to giggle.

"Mommy," she said, "Last night I was thinking of silly stuff." She giggled again.

"Oh yeah? What kind of stuff?" I asked.

"Well...I can't really remember what I was thinking of," she said thoughtfully, looking out the window.

"But it was funny?" I replied. "You were just thinking of silly stuff while you were trying to fall asleep?"

"No." She looked slightly annoyed with me. "I was thinking of silly stuff while I was trying to stay awake!"

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

hahaha! That's hilarious!

Jeremy's fam said...

Don't you love those car conversations, they are the best!