Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Quiet Old Lady

When Hopers goes potty, one of her favorite books is Goodnight Moon. She calls it "Moo?" As I open the book and begin to read it, she is patient for about 2.5 seconds. She begins turning pages until she gets to the part that says, "and the quiet old lady who was whispering, 'hush'." This is where she always looks up at me, puts her finger over her lips, and says, "Shhh. Shhh. Shhh." It's terribly cute. We keep reading. She is patient for another 2.5 seconds, but can barely contain herself. She grabs the book, flips back to the favored rocking bunny, and begins grinning and saying, "Shhh. Shhh." I think I've only been able to read the entire story to her once. After she gets in a few shushes and giggles, she's done with the story and ready to move on. Wouldn't it be great if we could always be so content with so little?

4 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha very cute! I like her shhh face :) too cute!

Jeremy's fam said...

she is getting cuter every day! I didn't think that was possible!

Unknown said...

Oh -- My kiddos did this... only they just point to their nose... the finger can be at varying angles... which makes it hilarious at times.

Found your blog by clicking on homeschool mom in our profiles. Hello -- from a fellow homeschooling mom. °Ü°

Tessa said...

Hey that's Diego's favorite book, too. For some reason he prefers all the black and white pictures. That's where we spend most of our reading time.