Today is my Hopers' birthday. She has stepped over the great divide between Two and Three. Okay, so it's not that great of a divide. I'm sure there's still some "terrible" left over inside her from the last year of life. But, I'm amazed yet again that my child is growing up. Funny how that happens.
We had a little family birthday for her on Sunday. (I decided this will be the Year of No Big Friend Birthday Parties.) We wanted to keep things simple. Fun, but simple. So I let her pick out a theme to decorate with. First it was Ariel (The Little Mermaid). Then it was Chinese. Then it was Purple. Then, Purple Cars. Then Hannah Montana (I marveled at this one, since she's never even seen that show.) Anyway, you get the idea. We narrowed things down a bit to Purple AND Ariel. I even found some Ariel decorations that had purple on them! As Hopers would say, "Whoo hoo! Uh huh... Oh yeah."
Noodle and Hopers, getting ready to blow out the Ariel candle on her cake...Tobey, Hopers and Amie. You may notice that Amie is wearing a party hat. Hopers insisted we buy these and for everyone to put them on. Hers only lasted about 10 minute of the the party though.
We bought her a wagon. The kids immediately piled in (most assuredly past the weight limit) and spent the rest of the day attatched to it in some way.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Hopers!!!
i can't believe she's 3 already! time goes by so fast! looks like a fun birthday! :)
yay! happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
A purple Ariel party sounds fun!
Happy Birthday Hopey!!!
Looks like loads of little kid fun.
How cute...I love it!
Post a Comment