Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sew Strange

Up until yesterday, I absolutely despised sewing, but a sweet friend was determined to change my mind.  She held me at needle-point in her kitchen with two sewing machines and a mile of fabric.  I muttered mean things about her under my breath for the first several minutes, but then something began to happen... 

I began to learn.  

And I made this.


It actually came out nice. (It's a dress for Noodle.)  And I didn't hate making it.  And it wasn't that hard.

And I kind of enjoyed it.  

Then, I went home and made this one for Hopers.


I had actually bought this pink satin fabric two years ago to make a costume for Noodle, but became so frustrated with it that I stuffed it into a box in the closet and never looked at it again.  

Also this week, I learned how to make this really cute skirt.
It's for Hopers.  


I think I like sewing.  Weird.

4 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

awesome!!! Those are great!

Gabbs said...

Wow, those are awesome! Can I start placing orders? JK

Laura said...

Good job! I like sewing when it suits my purposes. I have the skill, just not the desire to do it unless needed. And, my sewing machine is currently broken. I need to get it fixed.

Paige said...

Wow! Awesome! Can't wait when I will be able to start sewing again!!