I picked a wall color. Wow, was that hard. I started splashing it on the walls. For a split-second I was iffy. Then I was in love. It's Behr: Mountain Haze, a name which has absolutely no descriptive qualities what-so-ever, except to tell you that we don't really know what color it is. Sorta green. Sorta pale. Sorta blue. Sorta somethin. Anyway, it was perfect.
Most of the re-do was paint. The shelves above the potty were dark brown and had doors. It felt like a big black hole up there before. I painted them white to lighten the mood.
This cabinet also got a paint face-lift. And new nickel hardware. A custom-built mirror to replace the nasty old medicine cabinet came courtesy of my great friend Joey Roberts. The lighting and electrical outlets were installed courtesy of my dear hubby. Hey. A girl needs some help once in a while!
And just for drama, here are the before and after photos. By "before" I mean, "before we even had bought the house" and I was taking photos to sit and ponder over. And by "after" I mean, "after."






5 comments:
Ahhh! Beautiful! LOVE IT!
It looks very serene. I know you are happy to have it done.
I love it! Patterns on walls are something i dislike. We have almost painted all the walls in our house that had "patterns" on it.
Now that you have finished your bathroom can you come do my kids bathroom? It is small, sorta started already, but not exactly....
I love the simplicity of you bathroom redo.
Serene would be the word for it, look how bright the floor is now and how drab it used to look under that lighting
Sooo much better! Good job!!!
Post a Comment