![]() |
| Hopers, 8 Noodle, 12 |
It's the first day of....something! Well, it's not really the first day of school this year. It's not these kiddo's first day of their respective "grades". It's not the first day of fall (boy isn't that a long way off for us Florida girls!). I suppose I could say it's the first day of sitting down in front of books and papers and learning things from them for the month of August.
But that just sounds silly.
So here's the story. As of the end of March this year, we decided to exit the public school system. These two lovelies were begging for it. Our family was needing it. The timing was right for it. Hey, when it's time to go, why wait, right?
I immediately started them on the next grade levels. Hopers went from 2nd grade material to 3rd grade work. Noodle went from 6th grade to 7th. I wasn't about to buy curriculum for just a couple of months of school. We thoroughly enjoyed soaking in these learning materials straight through the summer, punctuated by long periods of learning directly from life (our favorite kind of school) by trying new things, traveling, exploring nature, gardening, sewing, cooking, visiting friends and well...you know....doing.
So here we are in August, still...doing, learning and living. But it's August, and I always take a "first day" photo of my girls on the front steps because I'm a creature of habit!
I just don't have a name for it.
Cheers to not having a name for it! (and bare feet too!)

No comments:
Post a Comment