Sunday, March 25, 2007
Don't Turn Your Back For a Second
Last night, as I was reading the kids a bedtime story in Noodle's room, Hopers wandered off. Presently, I began to hear clanking and banging sounds coming from the kitchen. I assumed she was getting into one of her usual places of mischief--the pots and pans--and thought nothing of it. As I was finishing up the story of Josephina Javelina (the Ballerina), Hopers came stumbling back through the bedroom door. What I saw, however, made me gasp and rush to grab her... she was carrying an empty can with a knife (blade up) inside it!! Taking the items from her, I went into the kitchen to see how she could have possibly gotten them. I was amazed. It all became clear when I saw what she'd done. She had unlocked and pulled open the dishwasher. She climbed onto the door to reach the dishes and food left on the counter after dinner. She then managed to bring the knife and the can back down with her and all the way to Noodle's room without falling on it! For those of you who know Hopers and how much she falls down, you can understand why this is so amazing. I thank the Lord for answering my daily prayer to keep her safe from harm.
1 comment:
But you never told her she couldn't play with the knives.
Post a Comment