Last Saturday, our church had a baptism at the beach. Anyone who wanted to be baptised came out to St. George Island with the rest of the church. We had a picnic and lots of fun playing in the water and sand. Noodle began asking questions about baptism."What's baba-tis-im?" she questioned me next evening. I explained to her that people who ask Jesus to come into their heart can show everyone that they've become a new person by being baptised. It's a symbol of dying to sin, being washed clean, and starting a new life.
"I believe in Jesus," she stated, "can I be baptised?"
"Well," I said, "You have to pray and ask Jesus to come into your heart and be your savior. Do you want to do that right now?"
"Yes," she replied, "but I don't know what to say. Can you help me pray?" I led Noodle in a simple prayer that night, and she knows for sure that she is a Christian!
Then, on Sunday, we went as a family back to St. George Island. Noodle asked if she could be "baba-tised." Seth and I looked at each other for a moment, thinking. Why not? So we did it. Noodle was baptised in the Gulf of Mexico with her mommy, daddy and sister there with her.
6 comments:
aww that's awesome!!! yay for noodle and yay for Jesus!!!
Hey, why is Amie always the last to know? Hugs and kisses for my sweet Noodle.
Awww! I remember back in April that Grace somehow decided she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart (I forget what spawned the idea, because I think it was spawned at grandmas house in my absence). But she has no idea about being babatised yet. Too cute, and yay for Jesus, Faith, and babatisms.
Hey, Amie, you aren't the last to know. Anyway, Congradulations Faith to becoming a woman of Faith! We all love our pretty girl!
DUDE!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoo hooo Noodle!!! I'm sooo excited right now!! That ROCKS!!!!!
She was totally baptized South Asian style too!! That ROCKS!!!! whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Tara
Okay so that was a great blog. I just updated mine. I hope you are doing okay. Love you,
Tamar
Post a Comment