Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bad Day

See those strange red markings all over the pajama shirt? That is exactly what an entire load of Hopers clothes look like after being washed and dried with a crayon somewhere in the midst. About half of her wardrobe fits in a load of laundry, so she'll be running low on clothing until winter comes! I'm keeping the pajamas, since she doesn't have to go "out" in them.
Today has just not been a great day. In addition to the laundry fiasco, Seth's pressure cleaner went kaput in the middle of a job, and the chicken I was going to make for dinner came out of the package smelling rotten! I think we all just need to go to bed now and try life again tomorrow.

3 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

oh man!!! That stinks!!! I totally feel ya!- not with the crayons yet :) but our clothes here aren't "dye set"... so if I wash something that I haven't soaked in a bucket long enough - it dyes allll the clothes!

Maybe you can save your clothes :) (I don't know if any of these are any good though) :)

http://homeparents.about.com/cs/householdtips/ht/crayon_clothes.htm

http://www.toledoaasr.com/Kitchen/printstains.htm

http://www.howtocleananything.com/tipdetails.asp?tid=775

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Hey, you know something I do when I mess up clothes with our dye problem? I take them to a dye guy (or you could use RIT dye) and dye it a dark color like navy blue, dark green, maroon, etc... and it sometimes works to cover up the stains :) hahaha ok.. I think i've written enough :)

Tessa said...

Don't feel bad, once I brought home a chicken from Winn Dixie to bake and when I opened it the bird still had little tiny feathers all over. Gross! I took it back and they returned my money!