
Since we have been studying Mexico this week, I thought it would be great fun to make a pinata. We only had some random leftover party balloons on hand, so we had to be imaginitive with our pinata. Here's what a long, tube-shaped balloon and a small, gourd-shaped ballon can make: a daschund! Seth, Noodle and I worked together to wrap the newspaper and flour/water mixture around the balloons. (I had to make some freshly ground wheat flour for the project because that's all I had! This is a really HEALTHY pinata.) Noodle wrinkled her nose up at the messiness of it all, but did it anyway. She also helped cut out the tissue paper, drew the eyes, and manned the roll of masking tape. Not bad for a few first-timers, eh?
4 comments:
WOW! Quite professional looking! Nice! I'm impressed!
Can I say you are putting all of us stay-at-home moms/wives to shame. Stop it! ;)
Yall are so craft-y!
WHAT!!!? You used fresh milled flour?? That's like fresh milled gold you wasted, are you crazy?! Next time at least you could borrow some good for nothing, white flour from a neighbor or something, my goodness! You'd be doing them a favor getting rid of their trash and in such a constructive manner too ;o)
Post a Comment