Sunday, June 14, 2009

She Can Swim!

I didn't have my camera in the pool at the time (not that I ever get it near water) to document Hopers' latest achievement. She can swim! Up until today, my 3-year-old has been wearing arm floaties in the pool. She could kick around just fine. Always adventurous, but not so adventurous that she was comfortable without them. Well, today in my mom's pool, Seth took them off of her, showed her how to hold her breath, and then she swam underwater a few feet to me. Then she did it again, a little further. Then she did it again. And again. And again! She didn't want to stop, she was so excited about her new-found skill. She swam to the edges of the pool, to and from the ladder, and even learned to dive down to retrieve a plastic ring. Not only that, but her enthusiasm rubbed off on Tobianna. She wanted to learn to swim, too! She lost her fear and was soon diving down with Hopers to gather rings.

I'm so proud.

Just thought you'd want to know.

3 comments:

Jeremy's fam said...

Whoo-Hoo! GO HOPERS! And Tobey!

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

I've got two landlubbers that'd love to get in on your swim training classes... Do you have any openings?

Kelli said...

yay hopers!!! i'm so proud!