Today, I think I found this year's apex at St. George Island. My mom and I decided to slip out there for the day with the girls and, I have to say, it was the best beach fun I've had in years.
The weather was perfect: hot sun, with puffy clouds lazily floating past, and just enough wind to keep you from noticing the heat. We found a stretch of sand that brought us far enough away from other beachgoers for most of the day. In front of our area was a calm pool of water protected by a sandbar where the kids played without being beat to death by waves.
We collected shells. The specific mission? Find little shells that have holes in them for making necklaces (tomorrow's craft project). This directive kept the kiddos busy for nearly an hour.
We ate lunch. And snack. And more snack. And a post-snack snack. And Hopers said "I'm huuungry" approximately 563 times.
Mom, Tobianna, Tabitha, and Hopers enjoying their nectarines.
We played. The girls floated away and came back, floated away and came back. They enjoyed using their "buggy boards" as Hopers calls them.
Part of what made the day so great was how well the girls played together. I loved seeing them conspiring together, imagining together, and leading each other around by the hand.
And much more peaceful for me.
4 comments:
Jealous. We haven't even been to the beach yet! Something is wrong with us.
"but im just soooo hungry!" :)
Great pictures!
Looks like you had a great day!
Awesome! I hope early September is still an OK season for St. George cuz we are coming! Seeing your pictures makes me miss the beach even more...
Post a Comment