Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teethbrush

Earlier this week, Noodle took it upon herself to instruct her little sister in an English language lesson.  She taught her the plural version of several words like "goose" and "geese," and "mouse" and "mice."  Hopers kept up well.  It's not a secret around our house who is the bossy one.  Noodle enjoys her status of older and wiser with every bit of gusto she can.  She never misses the chance to correct.  But every once in a while, something like today happens....


This evening as usual, I was fussing at the kids to PLEASE go brush their teeth.  Hopers complied first, wandering back into the bedroom where Noodle and I were peeling wallpaper.  (It's our hobby these days.) 

"I love my light-up teethbrush!" Hopers exclaimed to no one in particular while brushing away at her pearly whites.

"It's a toothbrush, Hopers," Noodle snorted, with her little-sisters-can-be-so-dumb voice layered on thickly.  She turned and peeled another postage stamp-sized scrap of wallpaper off. 

Hopers looked at her with her best big-sisters-can-be-so-dumb expression and retorted quietly, "Well I guess you can only brush one tooth with it then, if it's called a toothbrush.  I'm going to brush all my teeth with it, so I'm going to call it a teethbrush."

Noodle and I both burst into laughter.

And in a rare moment of concession, Noodle agreed that, indeed, teethbrush was a much more apropriate name for it.

Ah, sisters!

1 comment: