I have a yearly tradition of making my daughters an ornament for our Christmas tree. Usually, it corresponds with some new craft I learned that year or something that was new for the kids. One year I knitted little cardinal birds with their initials on them. This year I was inspired by our Year of Chickens. Having begun the chicken raising adventure at the beginning of this year, I thought it might be appropriate to design an ornament to commemorate that. After all, my children are the ones who now snobbishly refuse to eat store eggs because in their words "they taste like chemicals!" :-)
Once I got on the ornament making train, I couldn't stop myself. I made more than just one for Noodle and Hopers. I made one for an ornament exchange party. I made one for a friend. One for my mom. Here are a few of them that I grabbed photos of:
I used only things I had already, like buttons, fabric scraps, beads and lots of hot glue. In the aftermath, I only ended up keeping the two I made for the girls, but I want more, more, more on my tree! Plus, they were fun to make. If you're not careful, I might end up making one for you too!



No comments:
Post a Comment