I have to admit, I've been a little jealous of all the cute front door wreaths I've been seeing lately. The crafty person inside me was quietly dying a painful death over not being able to make a Fall wreath for my house because of this:
* Cue ominous music... *
Ah, the dreaded stained glass front door. It was there when we bought the house. The previous owners had it installed as an homage to the family shield. I kind of like it. I mostly don't. Every time the holidays spur that wreath-y feeling in me, I take one look at that bright blue family crest and shlump back inside to knit something instead.
The colors will clash, I whine to myself. It's too busy looking for anything else up there, I complain internally while browsing solid front doors with adorable bow-topped wreaths on Pinterest.
Eventually, my crafty side shoved my whiny side out of the way like a bully on a playground and came up with an idea. Cover that baby up! I zipped to the sewing machine, dug in my fabric scraps, made a trip to the craft store, and by the next day, Fall had found its way to my front door.
Fresh cut leaves and berries front the front yard make great colorful accents, too.
So there you have it. My take on the front door Fall Wreath. What's yours?




No comments:
Post a Comment