Wow, okay so I was looking at this study that was done by the Natural Resource Defence Council on bottled waters. Basically they tested a bunch of different bottled waters for contaminants. Let's just say, I've learned a few things that will change the way I buy water. One of the things I found most interesting was what was found in a bottled water called Nursury. It's described as, "Drinking Water, sodium free fluoride added, not sterile, use as directed by physician or by labeling directions for use in infant formula (1 gallon)." This is stuff that unsuspecting parents might buy for making their baby a bottle, thinking it's cleaner than tap water. And hey, maybe it is in that particular city, but if you're going to pay big bucks for it, it better be good. Well this stuff isn't. It contains Arsenic, Toluene, O-xylene and Styrene. Among other things, toluene and xylene are from gasoline! (Would you put that in your baby's bottle?) Yikes.
Bottled water that I will no longer be purchasing:
Aquafina - various sources unreliable, some were good, some were really bad
Crystal Geyser - Arsenic, and hello! Bacteria
Dannon - more bacteriaHyde Park - even more bacteria!
Publix (drinking water & purified water) - all kinds of monsters hiding in that stuff
Bottled water that I've seen in stores that is pretty clean:
Deer Park - nothing but water
Naya - perfect
Zephyrhills - also pure
Suspiciously absent was CocaCola's Dasani brand... That water is sold everywhere and I wonder just how it would fare.
Source: http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/bw/appa.asp
3 comments:
Well, I've had my Tallahassee water tested and it wasn't that bad, but the guy said that was probably because I had a new house with new pipes. I'm still not buying bottled water just!
But if you happen to buy it on the fly, now you know which ones aren't worth a dime!
I feel ya with the water thing!!! We have to be careful which ones we drink over here... They found high levels of pesticides in Coke and Pepsi products here... so Aquafina is out!! as well as Coke's water (different name here)... yuck! That's no fun :)
http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/aug2006/gb20060810_826414.htm
Post a Comment