As we were driving down the interstate, Noodle asked me to tell her when we passed by our house. She finds it pretty exciting that our house can be glimpsed from the road. A moment before we zipped past the spot I said, "There it is! There's our house."
"Where?" Noodle asked, looking out of the wrong side of the car, even though we've done this a thousand times.
"We're already past it now, sweetie."
"Mama, that was mean!"
"What was mean, baby?"
"You're suppose to point it out to me."
"I'm sorry," I said.
"Well," she said, thoughtfully, "I guess that would be dangerous."
"You're right, it would be dangerous for me to be pointing at things while I'm trying to drive."
"What?"
"Pointing...while I'm trying to drive."
"Pointing at what?" Noodle asked, as if she had just joined the conversation.
"Our house," I said through my teeth.
"Where!?" Noodle said excitedly, looking out the window.
I sighed. "Nevermind."
4 comments:
Wow...does like everyone have these converstations with their kids, cause I sure have. Man, I don't know what's worse, this or Grace saying, "Huh? Huh?" all the stinkin' time.
No kidding! It can be really frustrating sometimes. At least once a day, we have a conversation where one or both of us has no idea what we're talking about!
That pic in your profile.....you drew it, didn't you, you super-good-drawer-girl??
Actually, I didn't! But thanks, I'll take the compliment anyway. I really used Adobe Photoshop to "doctor" a photo of me from my nephew's birthday party.
Post a Comment