
adjective 1. soaked with liquid or moisture; saturated.
Once again, we have proven to our neighbors that we are, indeed, crazy. Not because, we spent the entire day, outside, in the pouring, miserable rain (we're talking flood watch here people). But because we were laying sod in the pouring, miserable rain.
Yes. Sod. Grass. That green stuff that children frolick in on sunny Spring days.
I will justify myself by saying that it's not our fault that the heavens broke open on the very day we had scheduled to pick up our fresh cut sod. And we had come to a point where something must be done, or all of our hard work of shoveling dirt over the eroded areas of the yard would be nullified. Washed away. Gone.
So we did what any self-respecting crazy people would do. We layed sod during a torrential downpour.
I don't think I've ever been so wet or so covered in mud as I was today. For the first time in my life, I snuggled a rectangle of wet grass to my chest. All of that fresh dirt? It became mud. Not just mud, but the best-darned-mud-pie-makin' mud you ever stepped in up to your ankles.
At one point, Seth slipped, almost fell, but regained his balance in the nick of time. "Did you see that?" he asked me. "I almost bit the dust back there!" I smiled and looked up from the piece of sod I was positioning, "No dear, you certainly wouldn't be able to bite any dust around here."
But we did it. We finished. Some of the sod might be floating in Lake AllHisBlessings by tonight, but I'm proud of us for getting it done. The funny part? I rolled up my pants legs to keep them from dragging in the mud.

5 comments:
Crazy, Crazy Tara! I can't wait to see pictures!
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! What a great post!!
I can't wait to see pics of the finished product! How fun!
looks like some bronze antique statue feet
Yep, crazy! But, probably a good start for the sod. And everything is so green and pretty today.
it looks BEEE-UTIFUL! the yard, NOT your jeans and shoes....
Post a Comment