Thursday, August 06, 2009

Paintbrushes, Imposters and Grass

While I would like to be posting about my fabulous week in Charlotte, NC where I vacationed with my family and had a wonderful time--I will not. I have to put that post on hold on account of technology. Darn stuff. I love it and hate it. While transferring my pictures onto her Mac computer, my sister somehow replaced what was on my SD card with an alien language slightly resembling Farsi characters. I'm serious! When I got home to dump the photos onto my computer....um, well...no photos. Only files that my computer couldn't read. ugh.


So, while I wait for the return of my pictures from my sister, I will write about my ever so fabulous week here in the armpit of Florida.

Hmm. Yep.




Uh. So, it's been really hot. No surprise there--it's August. What does one do in Florida in August when the weather is a sweaty 95 degrees?



Refinish the deck! And have the children do it. It's right down there at eye level.


Okay, not really. I do enjoy a good refinishing project now and again at the expense of the children, but we only do that in the winter.



Today, we played in the back yard with water.


I gave the kids paintbrushes, scrub brushes, sponges, squirt bottles, watering cans, and buckets.

Oh, and a swimming pool and a sprinkler.


I told them to go to town "painting" the fences and walls.


Incidentally, this is Noodle in the orange swimsuit. The little girl wearing the pink shirt and blue board shorts in all of the other pictures is an imposter. Actually she's just Noodle's friend, Grace, who came to play today and had to borrow Noodle's swim attire to get wet in. Strangely, they are exactly the same size. Grace also had an uncanny ability of posing just like Noodle would, confusing my brain all day.


It was like the Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I think. (I've never actually seen that movie.) I bet even you had to go back and take a second glance at the pictures. Oh, and while you're up there, check out my fantastic grass. Remember the sod? It's been doing fabulously. I love love love having a grassy backyard for the kids to play in instead of dirt. I recommend it. Cuts down on the, uh, mud.

Also, while you're up there, try to translate those strange Farsi-like characters on the fence.


They might be directions on how to get my vacation photos back. Thanks.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Your yard looks awesome! The grass is doing great. Should be a real selling point for buyers.

Jeremy's fam said...

Um... yes, Gracie does stand and look just like Noodle! Very wierd! Especially since I've never seen her orange bathing suit. Looks like fun!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Fun idea :) That looks like a lot of fun and your yard looks great!