Monday, October 08, 2012

Praisworthy Pumpkins

I don't know how it is for other families out there, but the minute the pumpkins show up in the grocery stores around here, my kids are begging me for one. Each, of course.

We're not exactly a Halloween kind of family either.  We don't do scary.  We avoid cutsie door decorations like witches and spider webs.  I tell my daughters this instead: Philippians 4:8 says, "Finally, daughters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

So to celebrate fall, and fun, and the arrival of pumpkins, I buy them one.  Each, of course.  And my girls love them.  I mean LOVE them.  They decorate them.  They name them.  They carry them around.  I find the pumpkins nestled next to my children in bed.  It borders on rediculous, but I can't help but smile. And love these times.


Bet you can't guess whose is whose...



Happy Fall!!

3 comments:

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

Noodle is the second.
Hopers is the first.

Elaine Roberts said...

Jeremy LOVES LOVES pumpkins!!! This season we are really having to fight him with the scary stuff. He wants to be a Vampire for halloween and this momma isn't going to buy a vampire costume. :( Hopers pumpkin is definitely first!

Elaine Roberts said...

Oh, and what are their pumpkins names? And why dont you have a picture of the girls sleeping with their pumpkins?